Zellige is mosaic tilework made from individually chiselled geometric tiles set into a plaster base. This form of Islamic art is one of the main characteristics of Moroccan architecture. It consists of geometrically patternedmosaics, used to ornament walls, ceilings, fountains, floors, pools and tables.
The cities of Fes, Marrakesh and Meknes in Morocco, remain the centres of this art.
This framework of expression arose from the need of Islamic artists to create spatial decorations that avoided depictions of living things, consistent with the teachings of Islamic law.
· Produced using Real Wood frame with a Wood grain finish
· Made with Real Travertine Stone Tile from Istanbul in the centre
· Available in 3 x Different Colour Frames -
· All our Products are exclusive and unique
· Can be placed on a shelf or hung on a wall (hanging hook supplied)
o Complete Frame 16cm x 16cm x 3.5cm
o Inside Stone Tile - 10cm x 10cm x 1cm
Please Note: Tile pictures are for illustration only, each Stone tile has slight variations due to the original natural cut of the Travertine for the artwork.
Please Log in first to post your review.